Saturday, November 20, 2010

Black Bean and Cheese Burrito Pinwheels






Thanks to Clean Eating Magazine's Quick and Easy Meals cookbook for this one - I made these for dinner and my non CE husband tried them and pronounced them "halfway decent". If you knew my husband, that's a rave review! The pic above is as close as I could find to the pinwheels I made - but they are pretty close.


4 whole wheat tortillas
1 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp olive oil ( I had to use a little more than this )
2 tbsp salsa ( again, I used a little more )
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
2 oz low fat cheddar cheese
Additional salsa and Greek yogurt to taste

Warm tortillas in oven
Pulse beans, lemon juice, and clove in food processor until smooth. Stir in cilantro and salsa. Spread mixture on tortillas, roll up tightly and cut into 1" thick slices. Serve with salsa and yogurt if desired.