Monday, March 28, 2011

Sea Pak Salmon Burgers - A Retraction

Recently, I wrote a product review for Sea Pak Salmon Burgers  where I discussed that they are a pretty decent alternate for beef or turkey burgers. When seasoning is added, they are tasty.

However - it has recently come to my attention that Sea Pak Salmon Burgers are sourced from salmon raised and packaged in China. I immediately went to my freezer and examined the box I have. Yep - lower left hand corner.

Product of China.

Seafood imported from overseas is not as tightly regulated as that raised or fished here in the United States.


I don't eat foods grown / manufactured and packaged in 2 specific countries: India and China.

Both countries have abysmal safety and cleanliness standards. Both countries hardly regulate what is put in the food supply, and less than honest farmers try to get away with whatever they can. Both countries have poor track records for keeping exported food healthy and safe. To be blunt, you just don't know what is in their food.

I cannot, in good conscience, continue to recommend Sea Pak Salmon Burgers to my readers. As a Clean Eater, I strive to avoid chemical additives, hormones, and anything that shouldn't be in my food. As a human being, eating food that potentially is of substandard quality and provenance is even less appealing.