Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What is Clean Eating All About?

     I get asked about Clean Eating a lot. When people find out I don't eat processed foods, they are dubious, to put it mildly. Some claim it just can't be done, or scoff because I eat things like yogurt : "Well that is processed!"

This is what I tell people who inquire just what Clean Eating is all about.



I don't eat processed foods. I avoid foods that have a bar code; foods that are produced in a factory; foods that have more than just a few base ingredients. It is not only junk food ( candy, chips, soda ) I don't eat - I don't eat foods that are "messed around with" in any way. I strive to eat as organic a menu as possible, with foods that are preservative and pesticide free.

I believe that for my best health, consuming foods that are as close to how they naturally occur in Nature is best for my body.

I drink a lot of water. I eat 5-6 small  meals a day. I avoid processed, factory produced food.

It is as simple as that.

Clean Eating is the simplest nutritional change you can make that will have the most powerful impact on your overall health. Removing processed foods from your diet make your body's engine work more efficiently - and the end result is weight loss and better overall health.