Friday, January 6, 2012

Pure Naturals Fruit and Nut Bars

You know how devoted I am to my Larabars...but I always keep my eyes peeled for other options when I'm passing by the "sports nutrition / supplement " aisle. I will pick up a bar I'm not familiar with, flip it over, and peruse the ingredient list - usually to my disappointment.

Yesterday, I actually found another Clean option.

I came across 2 flavors of Pure Naturals bars while shopping the other day - and they are a nice change of pace from my Larabar fetish!

According to their website, Pure Naturals have been around for a bit. I tried two flavors - peanut raising crunch and chocolate almond.






These aren't low calorie by any stretch of the imagination - each bar has 200 calories and is only 1.5 ounces. They are small and dense in calories and nutrition.

The peanut raisin crunch bar was really tasty - but nothing like a Larabar. Whereas a Larabar is an amalgam of dates and nuts, the peanut raisin bar had recognizable chunks of nuts and raisins, held together with a vaguely sticky toffee like stuff ( and don't take that as a negative! ).

PEANUT RAISIN CRUNCH PURE BAR INGREDIENTS: Organic Peanuts, Raisins, Brown Rice Syrup, Peanut Flour, Organic Tapioca Syrup, Organic Agave Fiber, Peanut Butter (Peanuts), Chia Seeds, Molasses, Sea Salt, Coconut Oil, Water, Natural Flavor. 

The chocolate almond bar was much more like a Larabar - the fruit amalgam! But it was rich with a dark cocoa flavor - very satisfying.  I enjoyed it!


The next time you are in the "nutrition bar" aisle of your local store - I suggest looking for the Pure Naturals line of bars.